Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Genres of Music

Even though my music taste is extremely broad, I can still hear aspects of certain older styles in the new songs that come out. The type of music that I listen to most is rock, with some of my favorites including Fleetwood Mac, Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam and Jimi Hendrix. However, this style of music seems to be timeless as indie and folk bands have the same focus on the music over vocals as many old-school bands do.

The guitars and the drums featured in many of the songs I listen to create unforgettable sound and beats that intrigue me and keep me listening. While the vocals are still strong, the music seems to be the focus in certain modern styles that I listen to.

There are also elements of techno is the modern music, with electronic beats throughout a song that provides rhythm and bass that gets listeners excited. It's all about beat drops, which I see as an extension of traditional house and techno music and the beat gets more exciting while still forming a cohesive, catchy song instead of maintaining one beat for the entire 3 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment